Bed bug chilling on a mattress digesting some human blood! Bed bugs can be very hard to treat. Killaverm can offer ULV fog treatments, another weapon against this horrible pest.
PestEx is the largest UK trade exhibition and conference for the pest control industry.
Killaverm Pest Control will be attending to keep abreast of industry news and new developments in this ever changing sector.
The Invasive Garden Ant (Lasius Neglectus) has been found in Eastbourne. These ants were first discovered in Gloucestershire in 2009. They are originally from Turkey and although smaller than our native ant, they build super colonies with many queens. They are not aggressive and do not sting but pose a threat to our native species and ecosystems. Have a read of this article for more info.
Great News! Now Wildlife Aware accredited. A very important accreditation that demonstrates a higher degree of competency in rodenticide use, particularly in the rural environment and awareness of the potential risks to wildlife. For more information on CRRU Campaign for Responsible Rodenticide Use click here.
We have recently joined Checkatrade. Check out our fantastic reviews here and have a look at our photo gallery of recent jobs.
We were instructed to remove a colony of honey bees that had decided to make their home in the cavity wall of a property in Seaford. This was a very exciting job and along with the client, we went to great lengths to save the bees. It took a while and a few stings handed out in the process but we got there in the end and the honey bees were given a new home.
Yes they feed on humans and cause itchy red bumps but did you know…
1. Bed bugs can live for several months without a meal and so can tuck down in your home until they are near a human again.
2. Bed bugs are very clever. They know to stay out of view during the daytime but when night comes they crawl out of their hiding places looking for a meal.
2. Bed bugs can live anywhere.
3. Bed bugs feed for 5-10 minutes and then hide for 5-10 days laying eggs.
4. Bed bugs can survive in freezing conditions as well as in hot temperatures over 100 degrees.
5. Wonder why we don’t wake up when bitten? It is because the bed bug saliva acts as an anesthetic making the biting painless.
Bed bug infestations require professional treatment. As well as traditional insecticidal spray treatments, Killaverm can offer ULV Fog Treatments. Call 07989 235182 or email us for a fast response and effective treatment if you have this pest in your home or business.